Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sruthi's Eclectic Home in Virginia


I am delighted to bring you a tour of a lovely home tour just in time for Diwali :) This charming home belongs to Sruthi. I have featured Sruthi's sun room on MDC before and you can read about it here.



I asked Sruthi to describe her home and her style in her own words and here's what she had to say "I am Sruthi, a blogger at The East Coast Desi. I live with my

Husband (Giridhar) and 6 year old son (Pranav) in Virginia. My husband Giridhar and I believe that

our home should reflect our personalities, style sensibilities and our Indian roots. Being away from

home (India) made us realize our love for all things Indian. That set off the basic eclectic theme that we planned to carry out throughout our home . We also treasure all the ancestral pieces that

we have inherited from our family. We like surrounding ourselves with

pieces that have traces of time and a story to tell."



Sruthi's home has a character and attention to detail which I like. My favorite corner of her home is definitely this one......I like how calm, serene and beautiful everything looks!!











"The art above the couch in the picture below, is a collection of hand painted palkis/palanquins that were bought at a craft sale back in Bangalore. They were framed with Fiber glass and carried all the way back here with "Fragile" taped to all sides of the suitcase."



Sruthi sounds like me!! I too have carried a ton of stuff back from India, nervous and anxious that they reach the States intact :)









"The knick-knacks on the coffee table are a blend of antiques that are family heirloom pieces and new pieces that we found on our travels. My prized possession has to be the lady with the lamp that belonged to my great grandmother. I also have copper pan daans, brass beer mugs and brass lamps that are heirloom pieces. I cherish them with my heart and soul. I have to say that I have inherited my style sensibilities from my parents who are avid antique collectors".































A lovely floral arrangement....









"Our basement is the only room that has a western influence. This is our media/entertainment room. We usually entertain a lot of guests here. In the winter with the fire place on, it’s a great place to cozy up. The sun burst mirror was a family project. We did it together and it turned out great".









Another favorite corner of mine from Sruthi's home!!









Thank you Sruthi for sharing your beautiful world with the readers of My Dream Canvas. Please leave your comments for Sruthi below. I am sure she would love to hear from you:)



Images: Sruthi via The East Coast Desi and subject to copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment