Tuesday, June 25, 2013

For the Love of Cushions and Flowers



Yesterday was a day filled with surprises. For those of you who read My Dream Canvas on a regular basis know of my love for flowers and of my favorite place to get them. It is the little farm 2 miles away from my home. The farm belongs a sweet old lady who always greets me with a warm smile and a bunch full of the most beautiful flowers :) Yesterday after running a rather boring errand, I drove past the farm and spotted these stunning Dahlias. These flowers are the first of the season. I was thrilled to see that the farm had opened for the summer. The owner and I met as long lost friends after a long winter :)



I came home to find a parcel on my doorstep from India. My stunning Goddess Lakshmi from Anek Designs had arrived in the mail. I love the colors used in the cushion. I am not sure if I will use it as a cushion.  I think it will look good on the wall. I would love to get your opinion  as well? Do leave me a comment with your suggestions. What struck me was that the color of the Dahlias and the colors used in the cushion cover were a perfect match.



I took a break from a super busy day to take some quick pictures :) Its amazing how an ordinary day can become extraordinary with a few unexpected surprises :)



Keep on smiling :)





































Images : My Dream Canvas , taken by Me and Subject to copyright.





Joining Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style.












Joining Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment