Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Balcony Love and A Pretty Bedroom


I have a soft spot for balconies and so when I found this one, I just had to share it with you:) Perhaps, its because I grew up in India. Many of the older homes there had balconies or verandas. As an army kid I moved around constantly. One of our homes had a long veranda wrapped around the front of the house. I was eleven at that time.I remember the fun my brother and I had running from one end to the other :) Of course, If I had something like that today.....I would go crazy decorating it :)



Both the homes featured here today are based in Melbourne, Australia. Melbourne is a very special city for me with fantastic memories. I lived there for 2 weeks in my early twenties. I was there on work and fell in love with the city. I had left home for the first time for more than a few days. I lived on my own, bought groceries, tried to cook  and failed miserably :) It was my first grown up experience :) It was a special time.......



This home is a stunning Victorian mansion. with its own unique character and charm. To view more images of this impressive home click here!







Photos by Sean Fennessy, production – Lucy Feagins / The Design Files.





This is another home located in Melbourne. I think the bedroom is really pretty. The bedspread caught my eye. You can probably guess why :) I like how the rest of the room is simple and clutter free. This highlights the beauty of the bed. You can view pictures of the entire home  here.
















Photos - Brooke Holm, production – Lucy Feagins / The Design Files.


No comments:

Post a Comment