Saturday, March 21, 2009

fragrant future...

One of my favourite flowers is 'Frangipani', okay make it the favourite flower.
The intoxicating fragrance floating at the entrance of our home in an earthern 'urli' or the bird's bath in our balcony or ladles in my kitchen or in brass vessels in various corners of my home was a familiar sight in our previous home... I have mentioned in many earlier posts about this huge 'Frangipani' tree down the road from our home that spreads a carpet of fragrant white flowers every morning.My daily routine was incomplete without gathering a handful of these beauties and bringing them home.

When we moved to our new home a couple of months back, I really missed this small routine. I tried to make do with other gorgeous flowers, but nevertheless missed my frangipani flowers.

Today morning along with the sunrise came the oh-too-familiar intoxicating fragrance of Frangipani. We had picked up two small pots of Frangipani trees hoping one day they would flower.

That day has arrived:-)

Next time you see a fresh frangipani flower fallen on a sidewalk, do pick it and yes, smell it:-))

Have a lovely Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment