Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Hampi: Part 2

The ruins of Vijayanagara dynasty-Hampi has been described by innumerable people in many a poetic ways...
but this is what I feel being amidst the ruins.

* I imagine many hands carving the hard granite rocks to create these exquiste masterpieces.
* The seven notes of music arising from the magical, musical pillars.
* The grandeur that would have been the name of kingdom of Vijayanagara.
* I marvel at the rocks that have stood the test of time.
* I feel a sense of calm when I see the sun rise over the Mathanga Hill.
* The Tungabadhra flowing peacefully through the ruins.
* I try to read the faces of many sadhus and holy men who throng the temples of Hampi.
* I am lost in a world where rocks speak to me about the bygone era and ask us preserve them for the future generations...
A picture perfect Lotus Mahal- An Islamic influence in an otherwise Vijayanagara Style architecture.
Details on the Lotus Mahal...Beautiful Vijayanagara Architecture in the Vittala Temple...
Close-up of the wheel of the Stone Chariot in the Vittala temple premises...
Honestly now I truly understand how she feels looking at these structures & rocks...

No comments:

Post a Comment