Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Home Sweet Home


I have said this before that homes are like a summary of experiences. For me my home reflects where I come from, my personal taste and my travels. While we shop and stores, buy pretty things and decorate our homes......what makes it unique is how we present it! 

When you bring in something that is yours, be it a family heirloom, or something with a story to share...... you are giving your home its own unique character. I have just realized that my home is filled with quirky things, which may not be of any value to anyone but mean the world to me! I use a lot of my own photographs from my travels and hang it around the house, I collect vintage style maps, I have sea shells from my trips to the beach in a jar, I  a collection of postcards that my Dad sent me when I was little on a wall. I could go on and on.......but you get the drift :)



So don't be afraid to  be different, live your life and your experiences through your decor. You will be surprised how much fun it can be :) What are some of the fun and interesting things you have in your home that are uniquely you......I would love to know?



Sharing a nook from my home!







Image: My Home a subject to copyright!

No comments:

Post a Comment