Thursday, October 4, 2007

A place that nature calls home...

* Cauvery river gushing down the rocks and forming white foams.
* Mallika's excited laughter as she swings by on a long swing on the tamarind tree.
* I look at the textures on the wooden steps leading to our log hut.
* Blue..yes Cobalt blue was the sky and blue was the water too.
* Sunlight making the Mulberry leaves glow.
* Faint screams of the 'White Water Rafting' team through the roar of the river.

* Fluffy candy floss clouds fill the sky while I settle into the hammock with a book.
* I see colourful kites in the sky...Kites?? Gosh! I must have dozed off while reading 'The Kite Runner'
* I always have flashes of scenes from the books I read even many days after finishing. ( Does anyone else have a similar experience?)
* Little fish nibble at our toes when we dip our feet in the cool water of the river.
* A trek up the hill leaves me panting and my hands smelling of lemon grass.( well the hill was filled with them:-)
* My head feels giddy after the coracle ride downstream.
* A feeling of calm surrounds all of us sitting along the shore, when the sun sets painting all of us in a beautiful shade of orange.
* The logs of wood crackle under the flames of the bonfire while the stars appear silently into the night sky.
* My husband sighs, Mallika whines and I refuse to leave this place that nature calls home.

No comments:

Post a Comment